Don't put time on building I don't like time building games that is what ruins many awesome games Everyone would agree if you have to wait 5min to 5 days for things to build just a comment trying to play this game.
Alpha 9: UI overhaul, World Map and new bugs!
Alpha 9 is finally ready (as ready as it will ever be) for release! Whilst there are some substantial game-play changes, for the last few months we've been laying some important ground work and working on a lot of the smaller things that start to make the game feel like a more complete experience and less of a prototype. Please enjoy it and let us know if you have any feedback!
Big features and changes:
- New bugs - Two new bugs have been added and all of the enemy art has been remade from scratch.
- UI overhaul - The UI has been completely redesigned, polished and expanded.
- Tutorials - The first two missions of the game now feature more fleshed out tutorial systems.
- World map - A world map with a meta-game has been added. It's fairly bare-bones right now, but we have big plans!
- Worker population system - Buildings now require workers to operate. Workers will move into houses if you meet their needs.
- Pausing - The game no longer pauses after each wave. You can instead pause whenever you like, as long as there is not a wave currently attacking.
- New auto-construction system - The way you build farms, houses and mines has been streamlined (and hopefully made more interesting).
- New enemy: Brute bug.
- New enemy: Exploder bug.
- New tutorial system with two tutorial levels.
- Pipe system: an alternate way to transport certain commodities.
- New campaign saving backend.
- Dead ends now show a warning icon.
- World map and metagame systems
- New scene metadata recording system.
- New game settings backend.
- Loading screen and transitions.
- Roads now show flow visualisations when the road tool is selected.
- New worker population system.
- A shuttle now occasionally lands at the Star Port.
- New alert system to warn the player when they.
- New selection system - Allows you to click on objects and see more information.
- Bugs can now spawn off the edge of the map.
- New commodity: Toxic waste
- New building: Hospital
- New building: Oxygen Scrubber
- New building: Fertilizer Plant
- New building: Waste Dump
- New building: Fist of Humanity
- New automatic construction system for influence providers.
- Farms are now automatically placed around Green Houses.
- Houses are now automatically placed around Community Centers.
- Quarries are now automatically placed around Mining Camps.
- Options menu (with working options).
- New pause menu.
- New music track and stings.
- Exciting new infomercial cut-scene.
- UI now shows production rates.
- Building previews now have arrows at road entrances.
- New main menu.
- Rent trucks that spawn at community centers and collect rent from houses.
- Many bug fixes and balance changes.
- Magma is now transported via pipes and not trucks.
- Tritium Laser is once again called Tritium Drill.
- Improved building icon rendering.
- Complete UI overhaul
- Changes to all currency and commodity icons and colours
- Game can now be paused at any point (except during an attack).
- Terraforming has been optimized (it is still very slow).
- Terraformers are now required to be built in range of a Fertilizer Plant.
- Command Towers now increase the range of towers rather than decreasing power consumption.
- Refactor of truck movement - traffic jams now possible.
- Trucks can now pick up partial loads from producers on their route.
- Some influences are now blocked by roads and walls.
- Scraggle weeds and Nutricrops have been replaced by a single crop.
- Gun Turrets now have citizens manning them.
- Power cables now swing in the breeze.
- Batteries don’t show empty warnings if they’ve never been charged.
- You can no longer build on top of nests or right next to cliffs.
- Removed several levels (don’t worry, they'll be back!)
- Removed several buildings (don’t worry, some of them will be back!)
- Removed grass flattening (this is a temporary solution until we can properly optimize it)
Get Second Earth
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
Would be awesome if the military (garrison units) would have some
digital camo or just black/dark grey color they would look more badass. I like your work.
ps: Is there a reason why you did not include some "build time" for the buildings? It feels a little cheaty when I spam walls XD
Out of curiosity is there a way I can throw money at you?
Aw shucks! You can buy the game when it eventually becomes a sell-able thing.
"New alert system to warn the player when they."
They what? ;)